Friday, February 15, 2008

Valentine's Day Recap

After last night I feel obliged to do another Valentine's Day post to set the record straight, because we actually didn't end up having our traditional Valentine's Day.

I had a leg wrap/massage and pedicure scheduled at a local spa I've been wanting to try for some time now. It was almost a perfect evening. The spa was really nice, and decorated/laid out in a way that had a calming effect. And their locker room was awesome. The only thing that took away from the experience was one little comment made by the technician doing the leg wrap/massage. She had just retrieved me out of their lounge to begin the service, took one look at me, and asked "Oh, are you pregnant?"

Hmph. Now, I know I have gained weight, but I was wearing an oversized, loose fitting robe that certainly wasn't accentuating any perceived baby bump. "No, I'm not pregnant, that's just where I store all the Godiva." (Okay, I didn't really say that last part...but I wanted to.) Then she tried to blame her gaffe on the robe by pointing out that it was oversized and loose fitting, and would I like one that fit better? I politely told her no thank you, but what I really wanted to say was "Would you please stop talking now?"

I do, however, think she was embarrassed, because I got a head massage during the incubation period of the wrap that wasn't in the service description. So either they've added it since their material was last published, or I got a free head massage as compensation for being insulted.

After my otherwise very relaxing evening at the spa, I came home to find that Hubby had bought me flowers and cooked my very favorite dinner, steak gorgonzola, and served it on china and everything. He even grated the garlic rather than chopped it because he thought that would give it a better flavor. Did you hear me people? He. Grated. Garlic.

When I have a recipe that calls for anything more difficult than chopped garlic, I think "forget this," and substitute garlic salt.

And for dessert there was chocolate mousse...that he put in a cake decorating tube and then squeezed into sundae dishes so that it would be pretty when he served it.

Okay, so maybe Valentine's Day wasn't as overrated as I thought it was going to be. I hope your Valentine's Days were equally enjoyable!

2 comments:

Jillian said...

WOW... that sounds like a very nice day! I've never been to a spa, but it's on my list of things to do!!

Good to hear you had a good one!

Carolee said...

That all sounds awesome, well except for being insulted.
Your lucky, my husband only knows how to cook beans and rice.