This weekend I was complaining to my husband that my mother forbid me to post what I thought was a cute and funny story about my father because "we don't want to be on your blog." I was...well, I was not happy that I had lost a perfectly good piece of blogging material to censorship. Anyway, in response to my exasperation, my husband made a half-joking comment about how it was sometimes embarrassing to be the subject of someone else's blog, and then asked me if I wanted a hot dog, ham, cheese, and olive sandwich.
So this post is for you, honey. Here's 10 of the many reasons why my husband is awesome:
1. He does most of the cooking (and aside from the culinary debacle mentioned above, it's usually really good).
2. He will do the dishes and other household chores just to be nice.
3. He buys me flowers just because.
4. He picks out clothes for me and then surprises me with them (he usually does really well with this too).
5. He didn't get mad when he told me that he was comfortable spending a certain amount of money on last year's trip to Europe and then I went and spent more than double that amount...(I don't know what came over me, I swear.)
6. He called me every day from work when I had pneumonia to check up on me and see if I needed anything.
7. He's taking me here for my birthday.
8. When his car officially became beyond the point of repair, he took my old car and let me drive the new one.
9. He gallantly volunteered to take care of me when the Alzheimer's officially sets in so I don't have to worry about whether I will have a male or female aid taking care of me at the nursing home.
10. He good-naturedly puts up with me posting stories about his making ham, hot dog, cheese and olive sandwiches.